Thursday, October 17, 2013

Be still


Sometimes we can find God quite easily. Sometimes not at all. Sometimes our heart is like the sun. Sometimes the heart is like a stone. Such loss is among our deepest griefs. Some say we can never find God, but only be still until God finds us. Only “be still and know.” Unattended Sorrow by Stephen Levine

Last night I read that passage. Funny how these things pop up that echo my current thoughts. I have been living especially quietly in the past week or so, trying to hear the voice of God, trying to discern His will. Reading this reaffirmed my instinct that I don’t need to be banging around, beating my head against a wall, wondering what I should do.  This is not something I figure out by planning and thinking and mulling over options ad nauseam. (My primary concern is leaving my church and finding a new church.) I just need to quiet my mind and wait for God to find me.
 
Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment