Monday, January 17, 2011

Food therapy

My dear friend Mike has cancer and he just started chemotherapy. I told him I'd cook him anything he would like. (Within reason--I don't think he'd be in the mood for elk parmesan or sushi.) So, the requests--meatloaf, green beans, baked potato, and oatmeal raisin cookies. That I can do. I think he's feeling better--at least he liked the food.

Since Mike gave me two Barefoot Contessa cookbooks (bless his heart!) I made her raisin pecan oatmeal cookies to show my gratitude. The cookies were a hit--so was the meatloaf. And I actually think my photo of the cookies is even better than the Food Network's photo. You can find the recipe in Ina Garten's book, Barefoort Contessa Back to Basics or online at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/raisin-pecan-oatmeal-cookies-recipe/index.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment