Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Miraculous custard pie

The only reason I made it was because a link popped up on my Facebook page. The advertiser claimed it was magic because it makes its own crust. "Well, I'll be the judge of that," I muttered, ever the skeptic.

Doggone it, it's beyond magic--it's a miracle! But I found out that the directions were flawed, or incomplete at best. It said to put it all the ingredients in the food processor and blend. Tried that. It's a very liquidy batter and it was leaking out of the center of my food processor. If you've got a large capacity food processor it may work. And be warned that you should not even consider putting it in one of those tart pans that has a bottom that pops out. You'd be scrubbing that sticky egg mixture off the bottom of your stove for the rest of your life. But this is my adaptation of the recipe. You'll notice I had to test it. It's really easy and it's fabulous, a bit of a miracle.

Magic Custard Pie

¼ cup melted butter
4 eggs
¾ cup sugar
Pinch of salt
2 cups half & half
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup flour
Fresh grated nutmeg

Put everything in a bowl and beat with mixer at high speed for about 1 minute. Pour into buttered 9 inch pie pan. Sprinkle with fresh-grated nutmeg.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment