Friday, April 22, 2011

Insulation

We are Easter people living in a Good Friday world

On this Good Friday I’ve been thanking Jesus for His incredible sacrifice for the sake of my salvation. I’m taking the whole salvation thing very personally. He didn’t go to the cross for everyone; He went for me. He went for me and for anyone else who chooses to believe in His life, His death, and His resurrection.

Belief in salvation sets me apart. This world can be a wretched place. I recently have witnessed that fact first-hand. This world is full of grief and pain, sickness and death, tsunamis and war. But Jesus overcame the world. I’m hanging on to Him so that I have some insulation from the world, a way to rise above it. And from the bottom of my heart I thank Him for His saving grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment