Thursday, June 24, 2010

Cannellini artichoke hummus

A couple of weeks ago I was at Costco and bought a huge jar of marinated artichoke hearts. I really don't know why, as I had no specific plans for them. A couple of days ago I made a yummy potato salad with fingerling potatoes, artichoke hearts, fat-free Greek yogurt, and a creamy peppercorn spice mix. I didn't pay attention to what I did and didn't write down the proportions so I'm going to have to re-create the potato salad recipe before I post it. However, in an effort to find uses for the vast amount of artichoke hearts in my refrigerator, I came up with this hummus recipe. It's nice--tastes like tuna salad without the tuna. See what you think.

White Bean Artichoke Hummus

1 15 oz. can cannellini beans (white beans)
½ cup artichoke hearts in oil
½ teaspoon lemon pepper
½ teaspoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon capers

Drain beans in colander. Put artichoke hearts in food processor and pulse 2-3 times. Add drained beans, lemon pepper, and Tabasco sauce and pulse just until mixture is lightly blended. Stir in capers and chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment