Sunday, March 28, 2010

Rapini

Tried cooking something new today and it turned out great. I bought a beautiful bundle of rapini, also called broccoli rabe, although I understand it's not really related to broccoli but more a leafy green. It was so beautiful I wanted to figure out what to do with it. I did a little research and used what I had on hand to create a new recipe. Love it!


Rapini in Hot Sauce with Ginger and Garlic

1 bunch rapini (cut off tough ends and rinse thoroughly)
1 tablespoon hot pepper oil (my local grocery store sells olive oil with hot peppers that is intended to be a dipping oil)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add rapini, cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain rapini in colander, chop coarsely and set aside. Heat oil in wok over high heat. Add garlic and ginger just until they sizzle. Add chopped rapini and stir fry for about 2 minutes.

Makes about two servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment