Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Blue

It's cold and grey outside. The sun comes up late and goes down early. So this is the perfect time for me to think about painting a room blue. Dark blue. Navy blue. Something cold and somber. Cheery, eh?

I've always loved navy blue. Way back in high school my friend Jeannie and I used to joke that our entire wardrobes consisted of navy blue items. A navy blue pleated skirt, a navy blue sweater, navy blue knee socks were the extent of our fashion exploration. Eventually I veered off and wore jeans (dark blue, of course) and desert boots.

So I'm still in my navy blue phase. In my old house I painted the foyer navy blue and I loved it. And now that the thought has entered my brain there will be no rest. I'm working on my house now so I might as well paint a room navy blue. Both my guest room and my office currently are a pale blue, sort of the color of a faded chambray shirt. The guest room is okay but my office paint is looking a little tired. So I went searching on Pinterest for navy blue walls. The thing that freaks me out is that the dhurrie rug in two of these photos is a rug I already own. It must be fate. Hmmm. . . .

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment