Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Shabby

Okay, okay. I've now received my fourth request to post my current furniture items here on the blog. When it's for sale it's usually on the Washington, DC, Craig's List but I'm on hiatus for a few days.

I paint furniture. Some people call it "refreshing" vintage furniture or "repurposing" or "shabby chic." I have one friend who refers to it as "Sloaning" because we use Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. I paint, I wax. I distress, I reupholster and rebuild. Whatever it takes to resurrect an old unloved piece to something with new-found charm and years of function. I've done over 100 pieces in the past year. Most have gone to new homes and a few have stayed with mama. Here are a few of the newer pieces I've done that are still available.


No comments:

Post a Comment